Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday's Top 10: Why I Blog

When we first began our homeschooling journey, my mom mentioned that I should blog about it.  At that time I wasn't a big blog reader (except when researching something), and I didn't really have the desire.  But the idea took root and not longer after that, I decided to begin a blog about our homeschooling life. 

Top 10 Reasons Why I Blog

1.  It is a form of scrapbooking.  It is a place to keep all of our pictures and memories.  I can go back and look at old pictures and remember our time together.

2.  I am able to share with family and friends what we do in our daily lives.  It also shows people that we do do something. ;)

3.  It is a way to organize my ideas and a form of record keeping.  It is like a virtual filing cabinet and lesson plan book for future years.  

4.  I can share activities, ideas, thoughts, and thematic unit ideas with other moms, homeschoolers, and teachers.

5.  My wish is that this blog inspires and encourages moms on their homeschool path.

6.  I can reflect on our activities.  As I blog about our learning, I can think about: what we accomplished, how it turned out, what could I add or delete, how I could make it better, and how I could extend it for another grade level in the future.

7.  I want to tell our story and document our journey.

8.  I want to honor God...to show how He is working in our lives.  I hope this is a place where He is glorified and all of the praise is given to Him.

9.  I enjoy doing it.  I don't have tons of followers, and I don't make any money. I just enjoy doing it.

10.  It's my ongoing project.  I am one of those people who always needs a project and a to-do list.  After one party is over I begin planning the next one.  After reorganizing one closet, I begin looking for the next cluttered room or closet.  So this gives me something to do that doesn't cost a dime. :)

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment