"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
2 Corinthians 9:8
If God was calling me to take this new path (and I knew He was), then I knew He would give me all things to make it work. My husband and I prayed about it and with an obedient heart, we jumped in! We have been met with a tremendous outpouring of support from family, our church family, and friends.
My husband and I sat down together to create a "mission statement." It is great to have this posted in our school room so that in times of doubt and discouragment we can remind ourselves of why we have taken this route. This is what we have posted:
Why Do We Homeschool?
1. We are following and obeying God’s calling.
2. We want to raise warriors for Christ…nurturing their spiritual growth and teaching them a Christian worldview.
3. We desire strong family bonds.
4. We wish to encourage a love for learning.
5. If they are to be…it is up to me!
These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.