Tuesday's Top 10 is a new series of posts I am looking forward to creating. I will look at many different aspects of homeschooling and family life and record our favorite top ten. Over the last couple of weeks I have been brainstorming and compiling a list of "Why We Love Homeschooling." I pray this encourages someone who is thinking of homeschooling their children. I also hope this helps people outside the homeschooling community understand our commitment to homeschooling.
Top 10 Reasons Why Homeschooling Is Right For Us
(and these are in no particular order)
1. It creates strong family bonds. Since our homeschool journey began, we have seen relationships strengthen...both between siblings and parent-child. We have always been a tight-knit group, and homeschooling has only solidified those ties.
2. The Bible can be the center of our curriculum. All aspects of our learning can be tied back to scriptures and our growth in Christ.
3. We are able to choose what our children learn and how they learn. Parents have complete freedom over what subjects are taught, which curriculum to use, and the scope and sequence of information. We also can decide how to deliver the information to our children...using whatever means is best depending on their learning style.
4. Our children receive one-on-one attention to address both strengths and weaknesses. For example: a 1st grader can be reading on a 2nd grade reading level, completing science on a 3rd grade level, and reviewing phonics skills from Kindergarten.
5. Homeschooling removes the constant, daily influence of secular culture. I don't think I need to elaborate on this one.
6. There is no morning rush to get everyone to school before 8:00.
8. I know that we are in the will of God. Sometimes there is uncertainty, chaos, interruptions, disorganization, and fatigue. But knowing we are in the will of God gives us a peace that cannot be undone.
9. Eccentricities can flourish. Dramatic play, storytelling, imaginations, and creative learning aren't stifled by schedules, the need to be quiet, and being lost in the crowd.
10. There is lots of time for play!!! Being done by lunch allows us to have time for tons of creative play, exercise, family field trips, vacations, and play time with friends.
Tune back in next Tuesday for ways the husband can help with homeschooling! ;)